Thursday, April 14, 2011

For one of my little sisters and very best friends : )

Okay, it's been a LONG time. I know it has, I'm very sorry. I don't really know who I'm apologizing too, but I feel the need to do so anyway. I was bad and have been neglecting both my blogs but especially this one lol....

Anyway, this is an extremely special post to me. This post is dedicated to and specifically for a very special girl. I met this girl through blogging and am so thankful I did. I don't remember how I stumbled across her blog, but on that fateful day she was talking about chinchillas! LOL! Still makes me smile thinking about it : ) I decided to leave a comment for some reason and sign up to be a follower. After talking with Ash, I knew I had found a friend who I'd forevermore be friends with.

I remember the first time I saw her picture on Julie Lessman's newsletter I think it was lol. She's Julie's girl : ) And man, I thought she was the cutest thing! Braces and all, grinning away next to Julie's book. She looked like someone you wanted to be friends with. Her smile is infectious.

After some time we decided to become friends everywhere else LOL! So we're friends on Goodreads and Facebook I can think of at the moment. Everytime I get to talk to her, it brightens my day a little more.

She's having a hard time right now and that hurts me so bad, to see my girl hurting :( So I wanted to say a few things and this is the easiest way for me to do it.

Outside Looking In - Jordan Pruitt (I can't get YouTube videos to embed so bear with me! Go check them out please : )

Sometimes it can be scary, you feel like you're the odd one out. You're the only one that feels the way you feel. You're lost, kind of walking in a fog. You feel lonely and forgotten, like no one cares anymore. Trust me, I've been there. I DO understand what you're going through and no one should have to do it alone. You have a huge support system. I know so many people (and NO I'm not just saying this, hun) that care about you. They're praying hard and want the best for you, whatever that may be. You're terribly loved and we'd miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much if something happened to you.



All By Myself - Celine Dion

Okay, a little depressing...?? Yes. But it's Celine Dion and she's fabulous and even though it's sad, it is a good song lol. And sometimes, like I said before, we all feel that way, right? Right. But as Celine (yes, we're on a first name basis now! bahaha) sings: "Don't wanna be, all by myself, anymore" Choose to not be alone. If you open up to the idea that you are not alone, you'll begin to see how many of us are here for you, lady.



So what I want to challenge you with, babygirl, is to reach out. I never want you to feel like you have to come to me lol and I hope this whole post into too much, but I just wanted you to see how much you were cared about. You could reach out to one of your sisters, any of your blogging friends, your mom, your friends down there (not the mean kids!! grrrrr), Julie, not to mention God. However, I'm trying to help ya see that here on Earth in a physical sense, you are not alone.

Wake up in the morning and just listen to this song!! Put yourself in a good mood, who knows what the day will bring : )

Beautiful Day - U2

Put it in your head that today will be a good day. Force that idea and try to keep positive things in mind. It's not easy, Lord knows it's not easy. All you can do is try, right?? Think of things that make you smile! I know on a down day for me these are some things I like to think about:

- My most wonderful, amazing friends: YOU, Amber aka Tiny, Ariel aka the other Tiny ; ), Manda Panda, Casey who has no aka :P, Jess and Mum, my very favorite auntie, Cheryl
- Reading!!! A favorite pasttime of course ; )
- Watching movies/my favorite TV shows
- Baking, I love to bake
- My puppy dog and babyboy (the cat lol)
- Spending time with my Gramma
- Travelling

Just try and keep in sight the things you love! As far as people, if YOU love THEM chances are, they love you right back the same, hun. It's taken me awhile to understand this myself, but someday you just have to sit back and accept it or you're going to run them away, sadly. I don't want to scare you because we're not leaving you and we see your struggle, but it can happen with some people.

Ashley, my dear, dear friend. I never expected to meet you but there is never a day when I don't regret it. I do love you as a very good friend and like we've said before I feel like you're my lil sis : ) We've had some tough times, well helped each other through them lol. You've always been there for me and I would love to think that if I could be there even half as much as you have for me, I'd be doing well! LOL! You are an incredibly smart, talented, and mature young lady and I'm very, very, very proud of you. Through thick and thin you are able to keep your head about you and you never lose sight of God; that's impressive and very honorable. You are so kind, nice, the sweetest thing, girl. You're not just cutesy lol you're gorgeous! Beautiful, dahling! Yes, I still remember that conversation ; ) You are one of my best friends and I would do anything for you.

So with all that said, I'll sign off lol. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way and I'm so sorry if it does, I just want you to see that you're loved, Ashleygirl because you are.

So signing off for now, over and out!
Love you, Soulsistah!
(And one for the books, just for us, Ashley!)
Hey, Soul Sister - cute lil boy on the ukele LOL
Girl on a Mission

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Hannah, what a beautiful post to a beautiful friend!! Ashley is one of the most special girls I know, and my heart grieves that she is going through a difficult time. I am writing a sticky note to pray for her right now.

    Thanks for letting me know.

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah this just goes to show that God uses anything to bring people together! We all met through blogging?! How did that happen?! Well I know. ;-)I'm sorry to hear that Ashley is going through a difficult time right now but I know YOU definitely just made her feel better with this great post! You're awesome Hannah! I know you haven't been feeling great yourself so to do this is even more special and proves you're a real friend! I'll be praying for you both. :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ashley, you are a precious creation of our Lord and Savior and don't ever forget that! I don't know what struggles you might be going through, but I know Jesus will NEVER leave you, EVER! Cling tight, girl. When the devil gets you down, give it over to Jesus. Everything that comes up against you, give it over. You don't have to walk this path alone.

    I love knowing you, dear girl! You are so sweet and so genuine and so strong! God has blessed you wildly and I will be praying that you are given pure peace.

    Hannah.

    Girl you are something else. That has to be the SWEETEST thing I have ever read. God bless you today and always! :)

    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both Julie and Renee! :D This post is very sweet, just like you (Hannah) and Ashley!

    Ashley, you've been in my prayers and will continue to be. :) Love ya!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree with Casey!! (I posted my comment before I saw hers!) ;)

    I love all of my blogging friends so much!! <3

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post and Y'all's comments have left me speechless.
    I can't describe the love God has shown me through you guys. It's beyond me. No matter the distance you guy are my closet friend and I'm praising God everyday.This has blessed me and just pray that you will know the kind of blessing God has given me in you. I am doing better and it is only by your prayers and the grace of God that I am. And now I better go dry my tears, or else I'll start writing a bunch gibberish due to my misty vision.
    Love you guys so much and you especially Big sis (Hannah).
    Much love and blessings,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. This is absolutely beautiful! Ashley, I remember the first time I talked to you was on Julie’s Jots and we were talking about your mom having survived breast cancer and you getting a pink streak in your hair for October! That right there instantly endeared you to me :) And I remember seeing the pic Hannah is talking about over at Julie’s and I agree, you’re smile was infectious and would that we all could look so beautiful with braces! ;) I know we only recently became friends on Goodreads (thanks for accepting my request!) but I feel like I know you now through the eyes of your sweet friends :)

    I’m sorry for what you’re going through. And since I don’t think I could have put it better than our friend Casey here, I’m just gonna ditto what she said because it is so very true! Hold onto Jesus and you will weather any storm. Dive into His Word and stand on His promises and you will not be moved. May you find perfect peace, joy and strength in His arms of love! Will be keeping you in prayer, dear girl :)

    Hannah, my Sunshine Girl! :) I now see even clearer that you love with everything you are and then some!! What an incredible friend you are, faithful and true and beauty personified! You’ve not only blessed dear Ashley by this incredible post, you’ve blessed us all!!

    May the Lord abundantly bless you both!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete