Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Indifferent

I guess today could be described as feeling indifferent. I have had some serious ups AND downs.




But you know what? As long as I didn't cause harm to myself or anyone else....I think that's okay to have happen. Would I rather be happy more? Hell yes. But I'm not. I'm working on it and that counts for something.

One of my goals in 2012 is to be honest with myself and more patient with others. It will not be easy for me, but a wise woman that I have the deepest and uttermost respect for was just reiterating to me tonight that nothing in life is easy. Life itself is not easy. Do you ever wish there was an 'Easy' Button? You know what I'm takling about....big red button with 'EASY' written across it lol. Well we don't get one of those buttons so what are we left with? We need to just give it our all and when life knocks us down, pick yourself back up and try again.

This is so easy for me to tell myself right now, so why can't I actually follow through? Why do I always beat myself up about the smallest things? Why can't I just live my life knowing that when I try, it is sometimes the best I've got? Why do I always have to compare myself to others and thus put myself down? Gotta work on that.....

I just read something the other day about positive thinking and the effect it really can have on you, etc and so forth. They advised for you to NEVER say anything to YOURSELF that you wouldn't tell someone else. For example, would you ever tell your friend 'you're fat' or 'you're ugly' or worse? Chances are unless you're blatantly a mean person, you wouldn't. What's your reasoning? You love them, most likely. Don't you love yourself? Everytime you put yourself down, you are hurting yourself. With every put down and negativity, you are saying 'I don't love you'. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. I know that this idea has been in my head before but I've never really....I mean really and truly thought about it, at least not like that. It kinda put it into perspective for me.

Positive: I wore a new sweater and necklace that I got for Christmas today and I thought I looked fabulous in my outfit : )

Like I said.....I'm trying this. That's the best I can do for now.
Love to anyone who stumbles upon this post,
Girl on a (Slightly Different) Mission

2 comments:

  1. You go girl, thats my girl! You are right, do you love others more than yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all do to some extent, no? It's TOUGH because it's so EASY for us to do one thing for friends but something complete opposite for youself. We're definitely all included in this one, eh? I'm especially bad at it though...

    And of course I'm your girl! WOuldn't be anyone else's :)

    ReplyDelete